Thursday, April 30, 2015

She moves!!!

I'm sick today, and I'm taking the opportunity to lounge around drinking tea and reading my book. Once July comes, I'm thinking sick days will be a thing of the past...

On Tuesday, we went to the Dr. with our birth mom. The previous week, she failed the glucose test, so they wanted to do a more comprehensive test to see if she has gestational diabetes. Basically, she fasted from midnight until the end of her appt. When we got there, she drank a high glucose drink, then they took her blood every hour for three hours to see how her body metabolizes the sugar.  End result -- no gestational diabetes! Sweet!

BUT -- because we took her to this appt, we got to spend about 6 hours together between the car, the appt, and lunch after. It was really great to get to spend so much time with her just getting to know each other more.

We first met our birth mom in late March (I can't believe it's been that long!), and her baby bump (and our girl) has grown significantly since then.  Even on our first meeting she mentioned that our girl moved around a lot. Pretty much every time she touches her belly, I want to be like, "Is she moving?!?!?!"  Of course, both Anna and I really want to touch her belly all the time, but we are reasonable, respectful people, so it hasn't happened....until Tuesday!

We were in the waiting room just talking, and I kept noticing that her belly was moving. I was trying to be discreet in my staring at her belly, and I think I managed, but maybe she'll tell me otherwise after reading this. ;)

Anyway, our conversation shifted towards our girl and how she moves around a lot. I asked her what it felt like -- meaning, what does it feel like to have a baby moving inside of you?  She took it as, what does it feel like from the outside, and I couldn't be happier that she did!  She, without hesitation, told us we could feel and then lifted up her shirt.

I gingerly placed my hand on her belly, and she immediately took my hand and said, "no, no -- you have to poke her a little." She pushed my hand into her belly and.....our girl kicked back! It was so amazing. Anna and I were like kids in a candy store -- I couldn't believe how cool it was to feel our girl moving around in there. I could actually picture her tiny body moving and rolling. I could have kept feeling it all day.

We are continually amazed at how lucky we've gotten with our birth mom. She is so excited about us being a part of her life and we are equally excited about having her in ours.

We simply can't wait to meet this baby girl. Thirty weeks tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You may be lucky with your birth mom... but how lucky is she to have you too!! I'm looking forward to meeting your birth mom and your gal when she arrives! Hugs and love to all four of you. :) (Well, seven if I count the farm staff.)

    ReplyDelete